If you own an Android based device you will surely have heard of the Google Play Store.
This is the revered marketplace for all Android applications. Most Android applications are developed by developers using the free Java based platforms available.
As a consequence, Google Play Store has an endless supply of applications which are put up for download, free or for a price, in the different categories. If you are new to Google Play, you might feel overwhelmed at first. If you are still figuring out your way around Google Play store, here are some steps to follow:
- Type in Google Play in Google search engine to be directed to the official site
- Alternatively, if you are a Google subscriber and use its services like Gmail and others, you will find Google Play easily in your account page
- Once you have come onto Google Play you need to sign up to get started
- When you already own a Google ID, use the same to log into your Google Play account
- The Google Play account can be accessed through any computer browser or on your tablet or smartphone
There are several free apps that are easily downloaded from the Play Store. There are endless apps to choose from among the various categories. Every category will have free and paid apps to choose from. You will find the price or the word “free” mentioned below every app you view. What is more, every app comes with a detailed description as to what to expect, which Android systems will run it and reviews of customers in this link.
If you wish to download free apps from the Google Play store, you need to know which is the best way to search for it. There is a search tab which is located on top of the main page of Google Play. When you type in the keywords such as “free apps” or any specific app you are looking for, the relevant results will be displayed. It is best to start with the right category as per the app you are looking for. That will help you to narrow down your search. For instance, if you are looking for apps for a child who is four years of age, you need to find apps for children and then narrow down your search by choosing the right age groups.
There are several useful apps that are easily downloaded from Google Play for free. These include utility apps like Bar Code Scanner, Microsoft Office, YouTube, Facebook, Adobe Reader and entertainment games like Angry Birds, Temple Run, Subway Surfer and others.
- When you wish to download any app, you need to specify the Android device you want to download it to
- Once you have saved these details, you need to specify which device you want to download an app to
- You will then get the message that the app will be downloaded shortly in the chosen device
- Ensure that the data connection is on and working in the device where you wish to download the app
In such ways you can download any app from the Google Play store.